Reggie Bush, Sr. - Southern California
- Just more talk about someone other than Archie Griffin.
Should he stay or should he go?
2. Vince Young, Sr. - Texas
- No more Bush and Young will literally run away with the
3. Brady Quinn, Sr. - Notre Dame
- Should have been invited in 2005. Is Weis really a genius
or is Quinn that good?
4. Maurice Drew, Sr. - UCLA
- OK he returns punts. Without Drew Olson throwing, can the
Bruins rely on a ground game?
5. Brian Calhoun, Sr. - Wisconsin
- Mr. Everything with statistics. Another Wisconsin RB is
at the top for Alvarez...or ah Bielema.
6. Laurence Maroney, Sr. - Minnesota
- Who's doing the blocking and is Gary Russell getting more
7. LenDale White, Sr. - Southern California
- Three Heisman winners in four years for the Trojans. White
carries the torch without Bush.
8. Marcus Vick, Sr. - Virginia Tech
- What's in a name? Marcus is in a holding pattern until he
performs better in a top tier game.
9. Adrian Peterson, Jr. - Oklahoma
- Still needs more support from the QB and OL. As a junior
now, he should be as advertised.
10. Drew Stanton, Sr. - Michigan State
- Talk about a late season drop-off in 2005, a 5-6 team record
just won't do. But he’s got talent.
11. Brian Brohm, Jr. - Louisville
- Will a season ending knee injury slow him down? Now is the
time for Brohm to be where expected.
12. Marshawn Lynch, Jr. - California
- Coach Tedford loves to produce quality running backs. If
healthy, Lynch will continue the tradition.
13. Michael Bush, Sr. - Louisville
- A big, bruising back. He must carry Louisville to a Big
East title first.
14. Kenny Irons, Sr. - Auburn
- On Williams, on Brown, on Irons. The Tigers love to run
and Irons should top his 2005 production
15. Jeff Samardzija, Sr. - Notre Dame
- If Quinn is near the top, who is catching all the passes?
If a WR can win the Heisman, this is our guy.
16. Troy Smith, Sr. - Ohio State
- The passing numbers are not good enough, but his rushing
numbers and leadership may be.
17. Michael Hart, Jr. - Michigan
- No one saw him coming as a freshman. No one may see him
coming again without the injury bug.
18. Dwayne Jarrett, Jr. - Southern
- A long shot as a receiver, but this is Troy.
19. Garrett Wolfe, Sr. - Northern Illinois
- This kid is a small pack of dynamite. The MAC always has
a few and Wolfe is on the short list.
20. Chris Leak, Sr. - Florida
- A second year in the Meyer system should ease decision-making
21. Drew Tate, Sr. - Iowa
- A front-runner last preseason with a disappointing campaign.
Never count out a Kirk Ferentz senior QB.
22. Calvin Johnson, Jr. - Georgia Tech
- Always mentioned as the nation's most athletic WR. Can Reggie
Ball get him enough touches?
23. Omar Jacobs, Sr. - Bowling Green
- After a brilliant sophomore campaign, the junior came crashing
down. Can he regain his former form?
24. Ted Ginn, Jr. - Ohio State
- Too many receivers in Columbus these days. He does return
kicks and punts. Can he finally play CB?
25. Kevin Kolb, Sr. - Houston
- Don't snicker. Andre Ware, David Klinger...Kolb is the all-time
school leader with 9,530 career all-purpose yards.